How to get better when you're sick | My 5 tips



Hey Everyone,

Today's post was going to be a favourites post... but I got ill so I thought I'd do a post on what to do when you're sick and it's nicer outside. (The favourites post will be out soon)...

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or professional, so all points are things I do and things that help me (so please don't think this will definitely help - I've assumed some points too).


1) Sleep 


As strange as it sounds, sleep has been medically proven to help you get better (or so I've heard). For example, on Saturday (or yesterday as I'm writing this), I woke up at 1pm - I prefer getting up, no later than, 11am - in all honesty, I was mortified.

So, when you can; sleep! (Unless you have work or school, then you should probably go or take the day off).

2) Medicine

This may sound like an odd point, but I know when I start to get sick, I pretend that it isn't happening... then I get properly sick and highly regret it. So, take something to prevent it from getting worse.

3) Hydrate

Even if you don't eat as much as you normally do, drink water and/or juice. It won't help if you're dehydrated and ill. 

4) Do little things/chores

I don't know if this is just me, but I can't function when I get headaches and I love being productive (well, when it suits me - I procrastinate quite a bit). 

The solution? When you're waiting for the kettle boil or your refilling your water, unload the dishwasher or do small chores. Don't give yourself too much to do, you don't want to use all the little energy you've got!

5) Relax

It'll do you good. Read a book in bed with a comfortable jumper or sit outside with a cup of tea (that's when I'm doing now. The other day, I was in bed all day watching Jane the Virgin.) I feel so much better with good ol' oxygen. Although, I'm in the shade - I feel great compared to sitting in my room looking out my window.


So, have my tips helped? Have you got anymore to help me over come my illness??

Thanks for reading.
Annie Xxx


(P.S. This is just an extra post so you'll probably see the favourites post anyway.)

Comments

Popular Posts