How to start a blog | My Tips & Tricks


Hey Everyone,

This week I haven't been in the best shape - I'm sick, have been all week (so I'm writing this today [not in advance] as I'm home sick and don't feel too bad at the moment). I was talking to one of my close friends (shout out to Kezza aha), who said she wanted to start a blog and had so many questions about it - so I thought why not tell you some tips on how to start a blog, keeping a blog and any questions I had when I started (and still do). Today, I'll just answer a few questions - this may turn into a series (so put down questions and your tips below).

Is it free to start a blog?
It is, for example, using blogger and their templates etc. However, if you want to make it more professional - like adding a domain name, investing in products to review and having better photography - it costs a bit more. For me personally, I already had a camera from my dad which I use to take my pictures, I edit my own pictures on picmonkey.com (which I also use to make my blog banners). I  don't have a domain name yet, but make it easy for people to remember (It's Annie wasn't always my blog name so I made my domain my name so I could've changed it if I wanted to).

What should I blog about?
Anything you want!!! Just make sure you've got an idea - unlike me who blogs just because I love it; however, I am finding my niche now - lifestyle, beauty, baking etc.

How do I grow my blog?
Make social media pages. Social media will be your best friend. I have LOADS of social media pages (check them out here!) and I follow so many blog related accounts that let you share your posts (and honestly, they do help to grow your blog fast. Tbh my blog has grown faster in the past few weeks than it has before, due to this and having a schedule.

Make a goal for yourself. I keep saying, "I'll post on this day" or "on these days" and it never seems to work out... until now. I found that writing a post on the weekend or beginning of the week works for me and I just scheduled for Thursday and I just managed to stick to it.

These two really help to grow your audience and your blog; well, this is what I've read in other blog posts about blogging and what I've seen in the stats of mine.

Should I start a blog?
My answer depends on what you want a blog for. Want it for fame, "freebies" and to get paid tonnes of money? - then NO, you're setting yourself up for failure. Honestly, if you don't blog because you love it then you're doing it wrong.

If you want to do it to share what you love, want to try something new and all that. Then YASSS - Go For It! What have you got to lose; I will say, sometimes you get obsessed with numbers (I did, I saw loads of people were reading from all over the world and got obsessed over it. This caused me to not enjoy blogging so much and now I'm back into it and not addicted to checking the numbers). It's normal to but as long as you don't want to do it to be the next Zoella or Tanya Burr then you're fine (but it's ok to aspire to be like them - in my opinion).

I hope this helped you if you're debating about starting a blog. Even if you're debating it, give it a go - you may enjoy it, you never know.

Thanks for reading!
Annie Xxx

Comments

Popular Posts