What I Wish People Told Me About Braces | It's Annie!

Hey Everyone, 

Since November 2016, I’ve had braces… Ok, I know braces aren’t that bad but they appear scary (well, to me they did) so I thought I’d give you some facts about braces and the process of getting them that I found out.

1. They are classed as cosmetic surgery.
As a person who said "I will never have surgery to change my appearance".... you could say I was a bit shocked when I found this out and I wasn't too happy when I found this out but I did go through with braces in the end.

2. It hurts more than expected.
You're teeth are moving so yes it hurts. However, the tooth ache gives me a headache and I can't sleep well, which doesn't help my headache - so expect something different than "braces just look cool".

3. Use the wax!!!
The wax is there to help protect your mouth. For me, the wire wasn't cut short enough so I used the wax to give me a bit more comfort - don't be afraid to go back to the orthodontist to get it sorted out if you're worried about something.

4. Don't buy the products from the orthodontist.
As nice as they are (and they do work) they aren't that big and cost quite a bit (e.g. my mouthwash from there is 500ml and cost about £5). Go for another brand - just make sure it has no alcohol or acid in it (it will ruin the wire). I use the brand: sensodyne (for mouthwash and toothpaste). Although, it's quite nice to have their brand as well (especially if my mouth got cut from the braces so it can heal well).

This post was a bit shorter than normal; I have a English literature mock tomorrow but wanted to get this post up! I hope you enjoyed this post, comment your braces experiences below - I'll love to hear your experiences.
Thanks for reading!
Annie Xxx 

Comments

  1. My teeth were in braces for 3 years and I'm glad for the great result. And yes, it's painful but you'll get used to it. :)

    Www.mommyrockininstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 years!?! Wow that must've been stressful. It is pretty annoying getting stuff like popcorn out ahaha - thanks for your comment xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts