Are You Too Sick To Go To Work/School? | It's Annie!

Quick Note: I wrote this last week when I was really ill so couldn't edit this in time for the upload day. Plus, it's flu/cold season, so enjoy!

Hey everyone,

This week I've been off sick... again! This is the second time this academic year - if you can't tell, I hate being off school. However, I was googling the other day to see if I was "too sick" for school. I found barely anything that was useful for me, so I thought why not write about what I wanted to find and talk about it in my perspective (as an A-Level student).

You shouldn't go to school / work if:
1. Walking around the house is a struggle.
If going downstairs for a drink or walking around gives you a headache, then what hope do you have travelling and being productive outside of your house.

2. You can't concentrate.
Especially for school, you're learning stuff - why put yourself through the pain of trying to focus when you just can't.

3. You fall asleep during the day.
This shows that your body can't function like normal. Simple solution... stay at home!!

4. If reading hurts your head.
This is most likely one of the after effects of a cold or flu. At this point, you've stayed home for a few days, a few more won't be harmful. Why go back when you're 80% when you can go back feeling 100%!

 Go to school / work if:
1. You're able to do everyday chores.
For example, clean your room or put away your laundry.  This shows that you can function normally so are ready to go back to normal work. (Sorry)

2. If you don't feel too bad.
If you've just got a stiffly nose, I'm sure it'll be fine to go (depending on how you feel). If you feel you can be productive go, you can always go home early if you need to.

3. If you really can't miss important stuff at work.
If there is something you really can't miss (like exams, coursework, meetings etc.) And you don't feel too bad then go in. Obviously, if you feel you can't, then don't.

This post was probably all over the place (I wrote it when I felt a bit better - but I felt so tired and drained after writing it). I hope this helpful and was a bit interesting for you to read.

Thanks for reading!
Annie Xxx

Comments

Popular Posts