A day in my Life (a Journal like post) | Day 3 of 14





Hey Everyone,

On the 20th of December, I went to my best friend, Grace,'s house with all of my friends, for a Christmas party/chill gift giving day. I hardly spend time with them as my anxiety gets the better of me and makes me panic and back out. This time Grace asked my mum instead of me so my confidence could grow, I'm glad she did because I had a wonderful time!

I was awake at 7am and for 2 hours I just watched videos on YouTube and then got ready. By 11am I was ready to go, hardly any anxiety (which surprised me a lot). We watched movies, took pictures (I may have vlogged the first 3 or so hours of my time at Grace's until my iPod died - it may be uploaded but I have no editing software yet - I'm saving up). 

I had SO much fun and I don't think I've laughed so much in such a long time. We watched Elf, exchanged prezzies and just had hot chocolates, smooties and so much junk food (e.g. pizza, popcorn, cookies and probably other stuff too - there was quite a lot available) and we just had a blast.

We also had a game of hide and seek, which got interesting when we couldn't find so many of my friends at different stages of the game.

If my friends are reading this, thank you for inviting and thank you for still having hope for me (I'm really surprised I didn't back out). Hopefully soon (maybe months or years) I will be comfortable to go a bit more out of my comfort zone. 

When you turn an opportunity down, you'll end up dwelling on it for so long that it will make you lose confidence you worked so hard to build up. However, sometimes it's good to go out of your comfort zone, but if you're like me or have been in a similar situation, try to think of the positives (trust me, I know how difficult this can be) and once you're there and having fun, you won't be as anxious and you'll feel much safer.

I hope this has given you the confidence to do something you've been wanting to do but haven't because of lack of confidence. It'll be ok, just think how proud of yourself you'll feel.

Thank you for reading!
Annie B.

Comments

Popular Posts