How To Get Into The Christmas Spirit | Blogmas Day 1


Hey Everyone,

It's finally December! Which is ironic for me. Why? Because I was in the Christmas spirit in October, then my birthday came (I was 18 on the 25th of November) and now it's December, it doesn't even feel like Christmas (I haven't even bought my Christmas presents for my friends and family yet - YIKES!) So, to help myself out, and anyone else who is in the same boat of not feeling Christmas-y, here is a list of things to help us get into the Christmas spirit.


Christmas Music
It's the same songs every year, but each year they seem to be loved even more (well, that's true in my opinion). You've got Mariah's "All I Want For Christmas Is You", Ariana's "Santa Tell Me" and the Good ol' "Fairy Tale of New York" (my personal favourite - who doesn't love this tune, it's an excuse to dance around your living room and to shout passive aggressively, I don't know why this is my favourite but every year I just love it). I've been listening to Christmas music all day because there's no other time in the year that you can (well, without being highly judged by your peers aha).

Christmas Movies
This helps too! Honestly, when you think about it, Christmas movies are so obviously unrealistic but this is what I love about Christmas movies - you know that there will always be a happy ending, Christmas miracles and the boy always gets the girl. My favourites in recent years have been: "The Nine Lives Of Christmas" (it's a Christmas movie about a cat lady - #relatable - so I am obliged to love it!), "The Santa Claus" saga and "A Royal Christmas". They are all weirdly cheesy but that's what's so great about them, the storyline doesn't always need to make sense and it doesn't matter if you don't know the actors (unlike with other film genres) it's a Christmas movie so it's enjoyable (I love them!!!)

Put Up Your Decorations
If you haven't yet, put up your decorations, surround yourself with Christmas - force yourself to be in a Christmas mood (ok, maybe that one is a bit over-dramatic) if you can visually see Christmas then hopefully it'll create the Christmas mood; I want to decorate my room this weekend (also, you can never go wrong with an advent calendar - I have a Kinder Chocolate one YAY!!!).


Walk Around Shopping Centres/Malls

Whether in a town, village or city, there are always decorations in the streets (whether Christmas trees, lights or just decorations), especially in shopping centres/malls there are always decorations in there or in the shops. This is one of the reasons why I love doing my Christmas shopping in person rather than online because you get the Christmas atmosphere.

These are just some ideas to help those who want to feel Christmas-y but aren't there yet. Do you have any other points to add? Why not comment below or let me know via twitter or instagram I'll love to know your opinions!

Thanks for reading, see you in the next post!
Annie Xxx

Comments

  1. I love your list, putting up decorations always gets me in the Christmas mood- although my lovely husband moans about Christmas trees in the house before the 24th hahah! Would love to also see pics of your Christmas decorations in next year's post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I 100% agree! That's a really good suggestion, thank you, I'll make a note of it for next year :) thank you for taking the time to comment Xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts