5 things I love about Christmas | Day 3 | It's Annie!

Hey Everyone,

I thought today that instead of writing about DIYs and random stuff (it'll come soon), I thought I'll write about what I love about Christmas because not everyone does this - it's mainly DIYs and stuff that cost quite a bit of money so why not go for a deep post?

Family:
I love the whole sentimental idea of Christmas. I love that it doesn't matter what the presents are, the family aspect makes it worth it. I love coming down on the morning and seeing the tree and just sitting with my family,gives me a great feeling. Watching Christmas movies with my family is just great! My family all come together on Christmas and all of us a couple of days after for a "Boxing Day" barbeque (we're South African so have BBQs whatever the weather - apparently we've done it in snow before, I don't remember). Family means so much to me so Christmas is my favourite time of year (and I've even got friends that are like family - e.g. Megan and Kerry, you've both been there for me when I lost everyone else, it was heartbreaking and happened in the worse way possible (I definitely would've dealt with the situation differently) but you two helped me in SO many ways possible - and thank you Megan for the random late night calls from me - I can't thank you both (and my other friends) enough).

The presents:
For me, I love the surprise aspect and the thought, NOT the prize (just in case you think that's why). It's so much fun to wrap them and to give the gifts - it's so difficult to think of some ideas for some people too but it's such a great feeling when you find the right gift.

The food:
It's the one time that it's acceptable to eat too much food than normal. I probably not only have seconds but thirds - if you know me in person, that might be unbelievable but my closest friends (Megan and Kerry) may know how much I can normally eat.

The weather:
Sometimes it's nice just to wrap up warm and it's such a nice excuse to stay in on a Friday night (enough said)

The music and movies:
Probably one of the best things (besides the decorations), I love how upbeat the music is (especially "Underneath the Tree" by Kelly Clarkson and "Fairytale of New York" by the Pogues - my two favourite Christmas songs), I can just dance and - mainly - shout to the songs (if you've listened to "Fairytale of New York" you'll understand). And the movies... the movies are AMAZING!!! I love how dreamy they are - perfect relationships, amazing lives etc. So basically they're magical just like Christmas.

So, after all that I've discovered I love food and crazy romantic movies (which I already knew). Ahaha. This was a bit of a random post wasn't it! I also want to thank my friends too for an amazing year. I've lost friends along the way but don't want to forget those memories and wish them happiness and the best in life; but I want to thank Kerry for making me laugh about the most random stuff ever and Megan for spontaneously coming round my house and going for walks - I know I can be annoying, frustrating and stupid with words but I wouldn't trade you (or Kerry or anyone) for anyone else; I wouldn't have you any other way! Thank you for being you Xxx (Woah! This just got deep really quickly). 

Thanks for reading this craziest post ever!
See you tomorrow.
Annie Xxx

Comments

Popular Posts