An Open Letter to 2016 | Day 6 | It's Annie!

Hey Everyone,

As the year's almost over, I thought why not write an open letter to 2016; to talk about how my year went and what I wish 2017 would bring. I know it's early on in the month but I loved this idea when I found it. So here it goes...

Dear 2016,

What a year! You've given me SO much. You've given me the stress of exams, the nervousness of the results and the excitement of getting into Sixth Form. You've given me friends - while taking many away - who've all helped me at some point in my life and I'm forever grateful for it and won't forget. You've given me life lessons that I'll keep with me throughout the rest of my life. You've made me cry, question a lot of things but you've helped me find who I really am (thanks to many people I've met along the way) and I'm SO happy that I have! 2016 has come up with SO many surprises (good and bad) which no one expected. But it's also ended up being the best years of my life (the middle of it didn't go so well) but I'm very happy that this year happened. So, thank you for every little thing that you gave me - both good and bad - because it made me so much bigger and stronger.

To 2017, 

Hello, you don't know me yet but you soon will! I hope you will bring so much happiness to everyone around me - family, best friends and friends (and if there's any left over, I'd like some too please aha). But most of all, I wish that if I get lost again, please bring me back to what I love (blogging and talking to my friends and family for hours whilst talking over the movie we're "watching"); it was probably the loneliest time of my year but at the moment I am at my happiest - happier than I have been in recent years. So, I wish for 2016 and much more.

Annie Basson Xxx

Comments

Popular Posts